Research framework for Community Climate Intervention Strategies
The Community Climate Intervention Strategies 2020 October Workshop identified seven initial interdisciplinary science themes across existing climate intervention research in the community. These science themes are part of the CCIS research framework.
- Societal Decision Making: Considerations of demographic, economic and technological changes and social and ethical aspects of climate intervervention strategies.
- Physical Processes & Engineering: Stratospheric interventions, Cloud Modifications / Cirrus Thinning, land and industrial based interventions, ocean based interventions, and understanding tipping points, and extreme events.
- Societal & Ecological Impacts: Biological processes and impacts, and water, food, energy and health.
- Knowledge Exchange Outside The Sciences: Stakeholder and public communication and education, communication best practices
- Co-Production of Knowledge & Interdisciplinary Research: Identifying approaches for interdisciplinary communication etc. and best practices for enhancing the usability of scientific products for decision making
- Targeted Regional Impacts & Interventions: Ecological societal vulnerable communities including polar regions, Developing countries, Resilience planning
- Scenario Development: Investigative research scenarios with process level forcing or activities, and policy relevant scenarios with a portfolio of plausible actions